Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Santa Margherita and Portofino



 


I was so wrapped up in the cell phone debacle that I didn't post about Santa Margherita this past Saturday!

What a beautiful city by the sea! This is located near the Italian Riviera near Portofino and Genova. I was debating all week on where I would go for Saturday and Cathy suggesting hitching along with her since she was scuba diving out there.

So we happily got up at 5:15am and headed for the train station at Milano Centrale. The trip took a few hours, but by 8:20am we met up with one of the handsome gentlemen from the dive shop and he took us to the shop to get ready.



My goal was to hopefully snorkel out a bit near Christ of the Abyss (shown below). However when we got out there I realized there was no way I would be able to do it with the amount of choppiness and the temperature. Meh. Instead myself and two other people on the boat took naps.

Taken from images.google.com


Let that sink in. I took a nap. On a boat. On the Italian Riviera. HA!
There's something snobby about that for sure! :o)


  

So after Cathy got done scuba diving, we headed back to shore and went to lunch at Caffe del Porto!


What a CUTE place and the food was delish (service was slow, but that seems to be a theme in Italy).

 

We had to be back to the train station by 4:00, so we took a few minutes to check out some of the shops. I got a cute necklace with a compass rose on it for 20 Euros! Then we grabbed a cab and headed back to the train station.

 


We got back to Milano after 8:00pm where I found out that poor Bear was sick and Kris was trying to get in touch with me all day. Curse the time difference!!! But it got worked out and Bear is on the mend thanks to K and her mom. <3 nbsp="" p="">
I'm still feeling a little homesick, but I am thoroughly enjoying myself!



Ciao!
Meg 

1 comment:

Kristin Wolfe said...

Sounds like today was a much better day than yesterday!

Big hugs to both you and Cathy!