Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lake Como and Chef Murano








What an amazing week and I feel like it FLEW by! I will have to catch you up on my weekend in Switzerland, but FIRST I have to talk about last Wednesday when the group took a train out to Lake Como for the day.

 


  

  

First of all, Lake Como is gorgeous, and the little lake-side town we visited, Perledo, is something out of a story book. We wound our way up the side of a mountain to Chef Murano's restaurant for our cooking class.



He showed us how to make tortoloni from scratch, as well as veal wrapped in prosciutto and tiramisu! It was DELISH, and not too hard to do, so I'll definitely be trying it when I get home. (Something to look forward to Kris!)


While we were waiting on our items to cook, the chef and his lovely wife fed us local meats and cheeses as well as copious amounts of wine.

 

We spent a good share of the afternoon there and when we finally left, some students grabbed the train home while others of us decided to go across the lake to Bellagio for some shopping. :) They are known for their silk, so of course I had to pick up a scarf!




Overall a wonderful day and I got some beautiful photos. I have quite a task ahead of me when I get home... I have to sort through all of them!

 

Ciao,
Meg

No comments: