Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gimme Pasta! And Wine!





I can see how this is going to go. I've been in Italy for 2.5 days and 80% of my meals have consisted of pasta and wine. How typical. ;)

But really, can you blame me? It's ITALY!

So after the first night, I slept like a baby. I still feel a bit of jet lag, but much better off than I was. Saturday consisted of unpacking (I'll have to take photos of my room), and getting acquainted with the students as they came trudging in from their flights.

Cathy and I walked over to the Penny Market next door, which is a mini grocery store. I picked up some Coke Light (Diet Coke), Sparkling water, cheese x3, chocolate wafers, bread, sammich meat, TP, etc and some WINE... minus the wine opener. Drats.

I spent a mere 14Euros on that! Yay for Penny Market!

Last night we wandered about for food, but many restaurants here don't open until 7pm. So as the rain started to soak us, we passed a gelato place that was open. So gelato time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I ended up getting Latte' flavor, and Chocolate Noir (which is the darkest dark chocolate I've EVER seen). It was fantabulous. 

Finally, 7pm hit and we made our way to La Martesana for dinner, where I feasted on some Gnocchi and red wine. With a HUGE tiramisu for dessert. 


We wandered home as a group and settled in for the evening. 

And apparently I only talked about food today... hmm. Fancy that.

Ciao,
Meg


No comments: