Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Again


I can hear the rain outside. I can't see it but I can hear it. I'm bundled up in bed with a fortress of pillows around me. I don't want to move yet. It's a shame... the tree outside was turning bright yellow the other day. It was soo pretty. The wind and rain just blew most of the leaves off into the clouds. It's Fall again.

It's around this time that I start thinking about New Years. What will I change next year? What will be better? What will happen to me? Every year, I have so much hope that it will be better than the last. And sometimes it is. I am fearful this year though. If things do not get better than this year then I'm not sure how I will proceed. But at least I know I will. Regardless I will proceed forward. Isn't that what we do?

I have the flu. I think. I have something. Something that is preventing me from wanting to move from this spot. I'm fine with that. Time seems to slow down for me when I can rest in bed. But as soon as I get up I can't catch up.

How do I catch up?

-M

No comments: